Tuesday 10 July 2012

Goals

This week we talked about having goals - just small goals, to encourage us.  I suppose my goal might be to put my plimsolls on one day, in the hope that I might go out.   It would help if it stopped raining.


The first WW goal is to lose 5% of one's body weight - which I have done, the second one will be to lose 10%.  



My next short-term goal is to get down to that weight by the end of August (28th is the last meeting) - which means I will have lost 2 stone. This means I will have to lose 11lbs in the next 6 weeks, which doesn't seem impossible, but does require a certain amount of concentration... I can certainly lose 6lbs, but but... I haven't seen a pattern yet.


My medium-term goal is to get down to roughly the weight I was at my mother's funeral by September,  I'm not sure I could do that though - I've just worked out that I was about 17st 9 then - so that's out of the question I think (well it's 8 weeks to beginning of Sept - so even if I lost 16lbs I'd still only be 18.11 - heigh-ho!).  On the other hand, 112 kg on our old, wildly optimistic scales was probably about 6kg out - so my weight was probably nearer 18,.7lbs so not that far off...


My long-term goal - is to be about 12 - 14 stone.... I don't think I'll ever go right to the bottom, not sure if I want to. I only want to be healthier - not to become a haggard stick!


General goal: not to increase weight any week - the worst can be to stay the same.

First goal 3rd July
Last week's goal was not to eat all my bonus points.   I had 23 left (out of 49) so I really feel that contributed to my "excessive" weight loss (2.5lbs).  Achieved

Second Goal 10th July
This week's goal is - what?  To go for two walks down towards the harbour...

Third Goal 17th July

Well - I didn't succeed with that goal - so it's the same goal for next week.   And the secondary goal is not to  use up all my bonus points!  Last week I was 20 over the limit!   Lucky I stayed the same weight.

Result: I didn't walk to the harbour - but I walked a great deal more - and swum and so got 10 activity points up to Monday.  Also, today, Monday, I still have some bonus points left...so perhaps I won't do too badly tomorrow.

Fourth goal 24th July
Try not to use any bonus points - have at least one long walk, a swim and two short walks - even if it's only round the block or to the library.  I yearn to lose 3lb this week - perhaps if I don't drink?  But I've already had a glass today!


No comments:

Post a Comment