Tuesday 31 July 2012

Growl!

I really was good last week - and I got up to 12 activity points (best yet) - and I only ate 8 points over the ration - so had most of my bonus points unused.  I felt really pleased, I was a little worried, because I went out last night with M - we had a couple of glasses of wine and met some nice new people Jo and John and went to Osteria Posillipo with them, where I had another couple of glasses of wine - and a plate of Merluzzo caprese - basically cod in a tomato, caper and olive sauce - so hardly dreadful - and two tiny pieces of bruschetta... so still within the bonus point excess I should think, yes - it was, I just checked, I only ate half the bonus points.   And several days last week I only had about 30 points - 9 less than the full allowance.   So what went wrong?

Well, I was expecting to show a good loss - and in fact I put on 0.5 lbs... very unfair.  The official explanation is that activity increases muscle muscle produces glycogen and glycogen production causes water retention.   Hmmm.  Let's hope it's that, rather than a too carby diet.

So, although it was my goal never to put on weight, I really have can't blame myself for this.  It's likely that the wine I drank the night before would have given me a bit of water retention - so let's hope once it all "settles down" I will show a really good drop next week?   I am wondering though... Today I gardened and did almost as much activity (10 points worth) in a day as in the whole of last week... 

No comments:

Post a Comment