Wednesday 25 July 2012

Patterns - wine

Habits, patterns, one looks for them all the time.  Although I was worried about some of the food I ate in week 6 (the sweet potato chips for example and the pork scratchings) I still managed to lose a pound.  So far, there have been 2 weeks when I lost nothing - in the first of these, I was incredibly good, and really disappointed.  In the second of these I had been decidedly borderline in my habits, so perhaps deserved it.

I suppose one just has weeks when one feels inspired to really try - and other times when one says "Oh Sod it!",.   I think too much of my life has been lived under the banner of "What the hell?" - but really, I have tried and enjoyed an awful lot of nice food and drink in my life - so I ought to be able to say "not tonight" occasionally, or just eat a minuscule catwalk model serving.

It's interesting the most of the women I talked to the other day seem to drink a lot as well.  I know this completely releases one's inhibitions and stops one achieving what one wants, so a habit I need to break is always having a glass of wine with food at dinner (well, nearly always).  These occasional glasses are often drunk without one even noticing them, so it must be possible to stop.

The other day at the Minster Village Fair I was really pleased with myself because although I was ravenous, and actually a bit wobbly - I refused to eat the sausage item... I thought, why ruin one's diet for something one doesn't really like?   And I think the wine thing should play a similar role - "Why ruin my diet for a glass of wine that I'm not really enjoying?"

Perhaps the solution would be to buy one £10 a week - then enjoy it slowly... but it wouldn't work, people would still drop around and we'd have to refresh them with something!

No comments:

Post a Comment