Monday 23 July 2012

What am I eating wrong?

The theory of the WW points system is that you can really eat anything - so of course I could happily eat all that foccacia on Sunday - as long as I didn't go over the top... however, after years of eating a semi-low carb diet, I don't always feel comfortable about this.  Curiously on Sunday at the beach my lunch consisted of some mineral water, 4 bits of foccacia, some black olives and 2 glasses of white wine.  I felt great - maybe that was the swimming and the sunshine, but also guilty that I had eaten the "wrong" things.

Similarly on Saturday night I ate a meal that consisted largely of wine and salted snacks - with a bit of healthy pizza... but in theory I was within the limits so what's the problem?   I guess the answer will be on the scales tomorrow.  I did a lot more activity - and generally feel more active and energetic... although still find supermarket shopping a bit draining!

Is it just something ingrained in dieters that we feel we eat the "wrong" foods.  Actually, the most delicious thing I ate this week was probably (1) carrot and onion salad (2) tomato and pepper salad (3) coconut cake with strawberry ice cream - I have always liked the strawberry coconut combination - usually in the form of Italian icecream, but this strawberry ice cream I made was so good...I had to make the cake to see if it would work.  It did.   Then again, I only had a minuscule slice of the cake, about 1/20th of the whole, and a dessertspoon of the ice cream.  Hum, perhaps I am learning to eat better.  I have been here before tho'.


No comments:

Post a Comment